PFRDA under the aegis of GOI launched National Pension System (NPS) in 2004. NSDL e-Gov acts as a CRA under NPS. CRA is a robust platform which offers customised solution to various sectors. The platform is not only used by Governments to offer retirement benefits (pension) for their employees but the same platform caters to the pension needs for the entire Indian population
The main functions and responsibilities of the CRA include
- Recordkeeping, administration and customer service functions for all subscribers of the NPS.
- Issuing of unique as well as portable Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) to each subscriber, maintaining a database of all PRANs issued and recording transactions relating to each subscriber's PRAN.
- Acting as an operational interface between PFRDA and other NPS intermediaries such as Pension Funds, Annuity Service Providers, Trustee Bank etc.
- Monitoring subscriber contributions and instructions and transmit the information to the relevant Pension Fund and schemes on a daily basis.
- Providing periodic, consolidated PRAN statements to each subscriber and discharge such other duties and functions as may be determined by the guidelines, directions and regulations issued by the PFRDA from time to time.
- Handling settlement of funds invested and units allotted
NSDL e-Gov provides high Availability in terms of system uptime, reliability and performance in terms of response time
For detailed information and queries about the Central Recordkeeping Agency and National Pension System, please visit: www.npscra.nsdl.co.in